Basebal & Softball Information
About Baseball & Softball at Seton Regional Athletic Association
Here we hope to answer most of your question regarding baseball and softball played at Seton Regional Athletic Association. The Athletic Association represents our 3 parishes: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, St. Robert, and St. Peter. However, any parish that does not have a baseball or softball program, or players that are not affiliated with a Catholic Parish, are welcome to play through Seton Regional Athletic Association.
If you have any questions regarding Baseball or Softball please contact our Baseball/Softball Coordinator at SetonBBSB@gmail.com
Registration for the 2020 Season
Registration for the 2020 season opens on December 15, 2019 and will close on February 9, 2020
Fees will be as follows:
- $85.00 for the 1st Player
- $75.00 for the 2nd Player
- $65.00 for the 3rd Player
- $55.00 for all additional players
To Register please visit http://setonscene.sportssignup.com/
Field Status – RainoutLine.com
Teams and Practices
Rosters (teams) are due to the CYC Districts in Mid-February. We do our best to keep teams to 13 or 14 players. We also do our best to accomodate requests such as players with requested coaches, or with requested players. This is not always possible due to team sizes. We appreciate all parents understanding this.
We are fortunate to have some great coaches that volunteer year after year. There are times when other responsibilities get in the way and they cannot coach. Without the other Parents stepping up to fill in as a coach, we cannot field the team. All teams need to have 2 coaches (and we recommend 3 for the younger teams). If this happens to your team, pleae consider being a coach. Head Coaches do not have to volunteer in the concession stands.
Practices are scheduled by the coaches. We offer the use of our fields on Mondays and Tuesdays. We cannot practice on Wednesdays due to PSR meeting on Wednesdays. Games are played at our fields on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Games are scheduled by the CYC District Office.
- For the 4th Grade and down the schedules can be found on the St. Charles CYC Website.
- For the 5th Grade and up the schedules can be found on the Central District Site SLCYC.
Rules and Regulations
There are two parts to the rules and regulations regarding baseball and softball. There are the Baseball and Softball Rule Books which apply to all teams and all grades Pre-K through 8th grade. Then there are the Supplemental Rules which only apply to the 4th grade and younger teams in the St. Charles CYC District. These Supplemental Rules are supplemental to the overall rule book and only apply as stated. These can be found on the St. Charles CYC District Website.
Game Locations & Fields
Seton’s Feilds are located behind the Church and School at 2 Seton Court, St. Charles, MO 63303.
for directions and addresses of other parishes, please visit the CYC St. Charles Website.
These requirements must be met prior to the season starting. Any adult listed on a team’s roster MUST complete ALL of the following requirements:
- Attend a Protecting God’s Children Workshop. Dates and times can be found at www.cycstl.net/coaches/protecting-gods-children-workshops. This only has to be taken once.
- Complete the paperwork AT THE SCHOOL’S PARISH OFFICE for a background check. Even if you have had one at any time somewhere else, this needs to be done at our school parish office.
- Take the online Coaching To Make A Positive Difference course. This can be done before the Protecting God’s Children workshop but the CYC will not issue a CYC Coaching ID card unless the adult is on the Archdiocese’s list of people who have completed the PGC workshop. The Coaching To Make A Positive Difference course can be found at https://els.coaching-coaches.com/user/register?regcode=cycstl
- After completing steps 1, 2, and 3, the adult then needs to apply for a CYC ID card. You will need to know your ID number. You will receive the number after completing the course. Do not wait because these cards need to be with you at every game. They will be checked for by the referees. Any adult that has not completed these requirements at the time of the season starting will not be eligible to participate in the game.
ID Card Requirements
All players must have a CYC PHOTO ID CARD. Please have the players apply for their card before the season begins so they have it at for the first game. These will also be checked at every game. Visit http://www.cycstl.net/id-cards for information on how to obtain a CYC card.
If you are a concession stand opener or closer you must still pay the volleyball fee for your child or children and after you fulfill your job requirements your money will be refunded
Come Watch A Game – Schedule of Home Games
This is the schedule of home games on our fields